Friday, May 9, 2008

Witchcraft, Wisdom & Marines?

Apparently Code Pink has now resorted to witchcraft to try to chase the Marines out of Berkley. According to FOXNews, Code Pink has asked those coming to their protest rally at Berkley this weekend to wear pointy hats and come equipped with spells and rituals to "impart wisdom to figure out how we're going to end war." OK . For some reason, I don't think that spells and rituals will have an impact on our Nation's toughest. The Marines know how to end a war; you win it. It doesn't take a bunch of crazies wearing pink pointy hats to tell Marines a thing about winning war, or about wisdom (as if these crazies new a thing about wisdom).

Like all good Marines, the Marine recruiters at Berkley can adjust to the situation as needed. As Marine Captain Wheatcroft says in the article, "They're always in pink and wear funny things, half-shaved heads, one side with hair and the other one bald, yeah, I'm pretty much used to anything." For some reason, I don't think that pointy hats, complete with spells and rituals will bother this professional.

After watching Code Pink's antics, I'm glad I always hated to wear anything pink, and if my shiny pink cell phone wasn't so easy to find in my bag, I'd throw it away, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ just sent me over! I enjoyed reading your blog and will join you regularly. My prayers include our troops and their families each day. Keep up the good work, and tell your son thank you for his service.

Sylvia

Sevillalost said...

Screw Code Pink. Why should they ruin a perfectly good girly color? I say we deny them the right to make us hate on any particular color. They're ridiculous and ineffective. Why do we even have to notice them at all?

Anonymous said...

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, this is what every Marine uses to address situations that would jeapordize that which we choose to provide for our country. This is no different, just unfortunate and disrespectful it's on our own soil.I'm sure they are thankful these liberties have been provided by many that have served and are serving our country.