Saturday, January 21, 2012

There's no place like home.....

I've been away from home for 16 days.  I've loved being here with my daughter and her family.  I've loved seeing my other daughter and her husband, at least for a little bit.  I've loved being able to play with Travis, Alyssa and (for a bit) Corie.  I am so happy to have the chance to get acquainted with the two new babies, and to be able to help my daughter adjust to twins in the family.  I'm blessed, and I know it.  But....

I'm ready to go home.  This is the longest I've been away from my husband since we found each other (again).  I have to say that I don't like it.  I miss him.  I used to think that I was very independent.  To my surprise, I've found out that I'm not.  I'm a lot more dependent, on him, that I ever thought I was.  Strange, that.

I've also found out that I love being home; my home.  Where my heart is.  Where my spirits soar when I look outside and see the beauty that is "Flyover Country."  Where I can relax and just "be."  Where I feel joy.  Where my man is....that's home.  I'm ready to put on my ruby slippers, and turn around three times, whispering, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....." 

No comments: