Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blogging (Again)

OK....so it's been a loooong time since I posted in this Blog.  Sorry, again, I'm not sure why.  I still see something, or read something, and think; "that would be good to talk about in the blog...." but somehow it doesn't get done.  I can blame it on being busy....there have been lots of changes in my life recently (including a new home), but if I'm totally honest with myself, my lack of posting is due to ambivalence about blogging coupled with a touch of laziness. 

When I started this blog, it was with a desire to participate in the blogging conversation going on "out there."  I supposed I needed an outlet for some reason.  I had just left the military, after serving for 23 years.  I had a job I loved, but that wasn't really challenging.  I spent a lot of time reading blogs, particularly milblogs, and wanted to add my voice to the issues addressing the military and the country.  Then my life changed....drastically. 

I left my job, my home, and my then-husband.  I went to live in the middle of "Flyover Country."  The phrase "life changes" doesn't describe it.  After all was said and done, it was the absolutely right decision for me.  I guess I could have blogged about my thoughts and feelings during that time; but that's really not me.  I don't "share" my very innermost being easily.  Then there was the attorney-side of me that was wary of posting anything that could have somehow come back and "bite" me.  So I denied myself the blogging outlet that some folks use to express themselves.  Just not really my style. 

As 2012 starts, life has stabilized (a bit).  I still live in the middle of "Flyover Country."  I'm absolutely certain I live in one of the most beautiful spots on earth.  My home is within a 10-minute drive of two different National Forests and a National Park....yet there isn't a single US Highway in the entire County.   Don't get me wrong....we have a great road system (including Highway 12, the first highway designated a "Scenic Byway"); it's just that they're all State highways.  I love where I live.  I'm remarried to a wonderful man, who loves me as much as I love him, and who takes care of me.  I have three horses, a dog, and beautiful home.  (Actually, I have two....a 75 year old home that we remodeled and a wonderful new home we just bought....the remodeled home is for sale....).  I've started a small law practice.  I have great friends.  I love my children, and adore my grandchildren (I now have six).  Life is good. 

So now I'd like to start up this blog again.  Maybe it's the Presidential election....makes me want to discuss politics and I enjoy joining that conversation to give my thoughts and opinions.  Maybe it's because I no longer feel "threatened" that anything I say could come back to hurt me.  Maybe because life is good, and I want to share (again) with friends and family.  My husband tells me that I analyze things too much....that sometimes I should just let things "be."  It could be he's right.  For whatever reason, I want to start writing again.  So here goes.......

No comments: