Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sundaes

You know what I love about Summer?  I love the sunshine.  I love flowers and green grass.  I love the longer days and BBQ.  And, I love hot fudge sundaes.  Yum!  I know, you can have hot fudge sundaes during the other three seasons, too.....but they're never as good as the hot fudge sundaes you get during the Summer. 

In the Summer, we drive to the local Flyover Country hamburger joint to get the best hot fudge sundaes.  It's better when you can stay outside and order your sundae through the walk-up window.  I guess there's something about the warm sunshine on your face and the cool breeze blowing through your hair that just makes the hot fudge taste better.   The cold ice cream meshes so well with the smooth whipped cream, and the nuts just add a hint of crunch to tease your taste buds.  Yummy! 

So this evening, my guy and I decided to take a short drive to the hamburger joint for sundaes.  The sun was still warm, but there was a nice breeze to make everything very pleasant.  The girl at the window is a friend, as was the cook and just about all the other customers at the burger joint....ah, the joys of small town life....so we visited while our order was made and caught up with Flyover Country news.  Then we got our sundaes.  Mine was a chocolate explosion.  When we ordered, my guy teased me about my absolute devotion to chocolate (it goes much further than mere love...), so my friend at the burger joint made me a chocolate and hot fudge sundae to beat all sundaes.  Rocky road ice cream with hot fudge, brownie bits, and chocolate chips, topped off with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry.  Absolutely delicious! 

But, now I'm full....and chocolate overloaded.  I guess there is such concept as "too much of a good thing."  Well...maybe not.....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

mmmm, sounds fabulous!
I miss a small town sundae on a summer evening!

Buttons said...

It does sound fabulous!