Saturday, June 25, 2011

Counting Blessings

I just had a wonderful week with my daughter and her two kids.  We camped, we played, we rode horses, and we just "hung out."  Although it was a busy week, I enjoyed every minute of it.  All of my kids live a good distance away, so I don't get to see them very often.  I admit that moving away was my choice, and it was a choice that hurt a lot of people, but one of the things I really regret is that I live so far away from them and my grandkids.  Family really is everything. 

I have a wonderful family.  I am married to a great man, who loves me.  I'm fortunate to still have my parents.  I live in a place where I have an extended family of aunts, uncles and cousins that I enjoy.   My siblings are my friends.  As I said, I have great kids who are married to wonderful people, and who have given me super grandkids.  My family isn't perfect, who's family is.....but I love them all.  The thing is:  they're mine in all their imperfections.  Family really is everything. 

No comments: